Taegan Goddard's Political Wire linked to a few polls on a Bush's current approval ratings. Here are some highlights.
From a study conducted by the American Research Group Inc.
- "...71% of Americans say they disapprove of the way George W. Bush is handling his job as president..."
- "...25% approve of the way Bush is handling his job as president..."
- "When it comes to Bush's handling of the economy, 23% approve and 73% disapprove."
- "This is the highest level of disapproval and lowest level of approval for the Bush presidency recorded in monthly surveys by the American Research Group."
- "The latest Washington Post-ABC News Survey shows that 65 percent of Americans disapprove of Bush's job performance, matching his all-time low. In polls conducted by The Post or Gallup going back to 1938, only once has a president exceeded that level of public animosity -- and that was Richard Nixon, who hit 66 percent four days before he resigned."
- 26% approve of President Bush
- 21% approve of Vice President Cheney
- 46% approve of Secretary of State Rice
- After reviewing 6 polls, including those I mention above, Pollster states, "The trend estimate now stands at 29.6%, and the slope of the trend has clearly begun to bend from a steep downward trend to a less negative one."
- Whatever Pollster forecasts for the short-term future, it's pretty evident from visiting the site that things have only gotten worse for the President since 2005.